Thursday, April 13, 2006

Back of INDIA!!!



Dr C Thangsing

The Calabash Cab drove in the driveway of Africana exactly five miutes before 1 Pm and the driver just walk in on time. I was totally impressed at the smiling driver who immediately dragged the luggage and was packing it in the back of the van. We started and were on our way to Entebbe. We took the roads by our tongues and were soon approaching the nice drive alongside Lake Victoria as we approached the International Airport. The van and the truck in front of us were loaded with workers where were line up by the army and they were subjected to thorough checking of thier lunch package and frisked efficiently. We had an officer from the army who peered into the car looked at us and muttering 'Calabash' told us to proceed on as the spiky tire shredders were remove to let us through to the airport.

Passed through the security check and then to the Emirates counter where I was checked in till Delhi. It was quick and we were few too. Soon, I was in the departure area and took time to window shop at the various stores which was managed mostly by Indian. The lunch was smile a piece of bone dry cake and some coffee. Well that did the trick and I was not hungry for most of the journey back to Delhi. Well, we halted at Adis Ababa for over two hours where the plane refulled and new bactch of PAX board the plan for Dubai arrived the ailse all looking anxious and harried generating the usual noise.

On board I sat with a lady who owned a business shop in Kampala on her way to Bangkok for placing orders. We immediately set the communication rolling and I came to learn that she is from Masaka and know AHF well. She had a bad cold, sneezing and blowing her nose with terrific intensity and a trumpeting sound. It was loud and have everybody turning her way like a clarion call to attention. Whew! the trumpet sound dotted and pierce through the noise in regular intervals. As the flight remained light I kindly offered myself a seat in front to give this lady space for her to relax and of course me away from the loud trumpet - she was very grateful for me to be so considerate and thanked me. I had my Sennheiser 'noise reduction' ear phones and plugged them in to listen to the audio music of the flight. Yes, it was bliss but did I hear an occassional faint sound of trumpet or was it my imagination?.... I often look back and saw this lady blow her nose and I thank the noise reduction equipment for its like watching a silent movie....

Well, soon there was an announcement that we must fasten our seat belts and return to our seats as Emirates flight is descending to land in DUBAI!
....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home