Sunday, April 09, 2006

Alicia bringing the smiles!



I awoke to the comforting sounds of the wind, rain and the distant sounds of thunder and looked at the time on the cellphone and it was just 4:30 am in Kampala. I lie there embracing the healing powers of the quiteness of the early morning of the sounds of nature. It was then memories of the earlier times of returned and one can not but help of the experiences as we in our own ways battle the AIDS epidemic. Late afternoon, yesterday - I joined Michael, Terri and Judith as plans for the program for Alicia Keys visit to AHF Uganda Cares - children with AIDS supported through her 'Keep a child alive' was finalized. The entourage will leave for Masaka at 9 am today the 10th April 2006 and I am sure this will bring smiles in the little kids. I wish there could be more but it sure is nice of her to give the kids - 'a smile in time'.

Africana Hotel, April 10 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home