Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Day full of Smiles


New Delhi: February 2008

The Jetlite flight from Goa arrived just half an hour late but it was already dark and the wind chilly as compared to the warm and nice weather in Goa. The flight was not full thus I went to the back row sat down and decided to spend time working on the PSP and I realized that I hadn't improved on the racing or nor on knocking down bricks and soon took to watching COLD CASE series and I am sure I will like it. The quick trip from the airport to home and soon after settling down. I went back to business of writing and working on catch up with the ever increasing stack of mails from the post and of course from the cyberspace.

The morning was not foggy but just pleasant and I thought it cloudy when I turn around to pick Terri to get to work and soon we were on our way to office when at the Mehrauli Guragoan junction from Chhatarpur we met with the young man with his hand pedaled tricycle - a young man stricken by polio since birth. Terri wanted to meet him and soon we set a time to catch up with him later in the day. He told us that he would be under the tree at this traffic junction till 5 pm with his begging bowl to wait for us to return that way. He was happy and we did all smiled.

Then at the office - I had more reason to smile as I got a call from far far away land expressing kind words of appreciation for the work that I have been working on and the sweet voices kept ringing and the smile doesn't leave your face, your frame when we realised that the it could be truely a genuine one. I am sure it was genuine and I came to the understanding of how truly wonderful and a blessing it is to oneself and much more for other to express what we feel. In this modern and fast world. It surely would be better to say and speak out how you feel for others and let them know you care. That is the essence of life and being alive.

Thank you Young for making my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home